Low FODMAP Buddha Bowl
2 boiled egg
250g firm tofu (marinate with 1 tsp paprika, ½ tsp sesame oil, salt and pepper)
1 cup red cabbage, chopped
4 large butter lettuce leaves
2/3 cup frozen shelled Edamame beans
5 cherry tomatoes, sliced into quarters
½ cup sweet corn (canned)
2/3 cup cucumber, diced
Spring onion (use green tips)
125g Sunrice Microwave Quick Cup (brown rice or quinoa)
Drizzle of olive oil
Squeeze of lemon juice
Pinch of salt and pepper
Prepare the night before:
1. Marinade: In a small bowl, mix the marinate ingredients with the tofu and set aside in the fridge
2. Bring water to boil in a pot. Add the eggs and boil for 10 minutes. Then add the edamame beans and boil for a further 3 minutes. Drain the water and allow to cool before de-shelling eggs and beans. Set aside in the fridge overnight.
On the day:
1. Fry the marinated tofu for about 5 minutes on each side. Allow to cool, then slice.
2. Heat the rice in a microwave for 40 seconds as per instructions on packet.
3. While waiting, prepare the remaining vegetable ingredients.
4. Assemble all the ingredients in a medium bowl and drizzle with dressing. Enjoy!
We would love to help you find long-term relief from IBS!
Specialist Dietitian Consultancy is a premium nutrition clinic with clinic locations in Ardross, Cottesloe, Mount Lawley and Mount Pleasant. We also offer Skype or telephone consults for interstate and overseas clients. This blog post is written by Charlyn Ooi (Accredited Practising Dietitian and Credentialled Diabetes Educator). All content written is based on my clinical experience, backed by scientific research and not sponsored in any way. The information provided is general advice and it is important that you see your medical practitioner before undertaking any dietary changes. For further information or to book an appointment, please click on the Contact page.