Low FODMAP Chocolate Pudding
2 cups lactose-free milk or almond milk
5 egg yolks
1/3 cup caster sugar, maple syrup or stevia
1/8 tsp salt
¼ cup cornstarch
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
80g dark chocolate, chopped
15g unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat, do not allow to boil.
2. While milk is heating, whisk egg yolk, sugar and salt in an electric beater until it becomes a shiny pale yellow colour (approx. 2 mins). Then whisk in cornstarch and cocoa powder until smooth.
3. Turn mixer to low speed and carefully add in hot milk.
4. Strain pudding mixture back into the saucepan through a sieve and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened.
5. Turn off heat and stir in dark chocolate, butter and vanilla extract.
6. Spoon into individual ramekins and chill in the refrigeration for approx. 2 hours. Top with low FODMAP fruits of your choice.
We would love to help you find long-term relief from IBS!
The FODMAP Focus Membership is an online Dietitian-led program for people suffering with IBS to help them find relief from symptoms, gain confidence in managing their triggers and fall in love with food again. We specialise in the low FODMAP diet and we will lay out your complete roadmap to IBS Freedom in the membership. Intake for the membership will start shortly, click on the button below to join the waitlist now!
Specialist Dietitian Consultancy is a premium nutrition clinic with clinic locations in Ardross, Cottesloe, Mount Lawley and Mount Pleasant. We also offer Skype or telephone consults for interstate and overseas clients. This blog post is written by Charlyn Ooi (Accredited Practising Dietitian and Credentialled Diabetes Educator). All content written is based on my clinical experience, backed by scientific research and not sponsored in any way. The information provided is general advice and it is important that you see your medical practitioner before undertaking any dietary changes. For further information or to book an appointment, please click on the Contact page.